Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My sister called

When I searched and found my family, what I found is a half brother and a half sister. My half sister was driving the car when my mother was killed. She was strung out of her mind on pills. She called tonight, strung out as she usually is. She talks so fast I can't understand what she says about half the time. She's big into conspiracy theories!

My mother was in AA. She had 7 years of sobriety when she died. My sister has located her sponsor. Guess what? She won't give me the name or number of this woman! Lord knows I know how to search and I've got some connections in AA so I can find her on my own probably with minimal effort but it just makes me mad that Anne won't let me have her number!

If this woman were anyone but my sister I'd have already kicked her out of my life. She used to call in the middle of the night but I put a stop to that and she's honoring my boundaries. She used to call and ask for money but I put a stop to that as well. Now it feels like she's rubbing information in my face. That's probably not the case but it is how it feels. Guess I need to tell her that if she's not going to give me the ladies number then we don't need to talk about THAT anymore! Anyone got any better ideas?

2 comments:

Ungrateful Little Bastard said...

Oh wow, I'm sorry. This post is really overwhelming on so many levels.

Root Digger said...

I am so sorry for your loss...So much lost.